Intro: What to Expect
Congratulations! You have a blog, and have joined the millions of entrepreneurs and online marketers who are eager to turn a passion or interest into a reliable income stream. You understand the global power of the World Wide Web to turn a single blog post or webpage into a list-building, sales-generating, passive income machine.
There’s only one problem.
You don’t have a clearly defined strategy for content creation and delivery.
You know you need a plan, something that can guide your content marketing efforts, but you don’t know where to get started. What you need is a proven system, a clearly defined and easy to follow blogging strategy that takes into account several key factors.
- You need to know exactly who you’re addressing before you start creating content.
- You should have a handy list of keywords and phrases related to the niche or micro-niche you are serving.
- A real understanding of the big problems and questions that keep your audience awake at night is a crucial part of any successful content strategy.
- Additionally, you need to be crystal clear on why you are creating content, understanding that everything you create should have a clear and defined purpose for your business.
- You need a content calendar or editorial calendar that works for you, not some hazy, vague idea of when you should be doing what.
- After you have compiled all the above information, you need to actually create your content, or arrange to have it created for you.
- Finally, a smart blogger or web entrepreneur understands that monitoring results and tweaking your content strategy accordingly is crucial to both short-term and long-term success online.
This content strategy guide was created to help you effectively do all the things just discussed. The first step to organizing the content side of your business into an easy to implement and successful plan is convincing yourself you need a plan in the first place. There are definite benefits to being organized and focused with your content, so let’s take a look at those advantages now.