Day #14: Easy Ways to Generate Content Ideas For Your Email List
How many times have you stared at a blank canvas trying to figure out what to send to your email list? You’ve agonized over it, shot down idea after idea thinking you would never make a connection with your subscribers. You don’t have to worry about that any longer.
Here’s a list of ideas you can use to create stellar content.
- Current Happenings. Highlight what’s currently going on in your company. Talk about awards and places you are speaking at or attending as long as your audience finds it interesting.
- Current Events. Comment on what is going on in the world and your industry. Show how it relates to your company and your customers. Give your perspective or opinion on it.
- Share your Favorites. This could be your favorite books, websites, entrepreneurs or movies that are relevant and valuable to your readers.
- Take a Poll. Get people’s opinions on a specific topic.
- Ask Questions. Get your readers to respond to questions and create a dialogue with them.
- Showcase a Blog Guest Author. Invite someone relevant and interesting to be a guest author on your blog and share the news with your email list.
- Create Top 5, 7, or 10 Lists. Write a top list of things that your customers should know about your niche or topic. Give your opinion about each one.
- Create 3 Ways or 12 Ways Lists. This is similar to number 7, but you use a twist to make it different. For example, “3 Myths About _______.”
- Give Them How-To Content. Show your customers how to use a product or software.
- Educate Them. Send out an educational series on an in-depth topic.
- Share Worksheets and Checklists. Worksheets let your customers work out problems, while a checklist can help guide them through a project.
- Share links to Resources. Give your readers links to resources you use regularly in your own business.
- Share a Video. Share videos of things you do, people who are talking about you or anything entertaining you may have created.
- Interview Someone. Interview someone interesting in your niche. Record it and share it with your customers.
- Share Important Lessons. Share things you’ve learned recently at a seminar, workshop or event you attended.
There you go. Fifteen ideas to help you get started on creating compelling content that your email subscribers will love to read.
Choose one of the topics above and at least draft an email to your list. If you’re even more motivated, actually send the email to your list and be sure to ask a question in the email that they can reply to you with an answer for. It’s a great way to get the conversation going between you and your readers!